by D.J. Saldanha, Age 9, Canada
Writing is a whole lot of fun. All you need is time and determination.
Think about what Rick Riordan and J.K Rowling do right or in this case “write.” Sit back and think about it. What make a good book great?
Here is what I keep in mind when I get to my writing:
- Write like you were going to a new world and take your readers with you.
- Don’t make your work too short or too long.
- Avoid mistakes – review your work! Poor language can put your readers off.
- Make it fun- use pictures, be creative, use different fonts – go on a handwriting adventure, be it cursive or bubble.
- Above all, keep the writing interesting – always put yourself in the reader’s shoes.
Writing can sometimes be a challenge. Personally, what I don’t particularly like about writing are the rules we have to follow. Sometimes we must break them, but not at the risk of getting detention from our teachers.
Writing is fun and I encourage everyone to give it a shot. Be it fiction or non-fiction, go for it. Come on and join in and go places…absolutely FREE! So what are you waiting for? Put pen to paper…NOW.
Canadian writer-in-training David Saldanha (aka DJ) turned 9 last month and enjoys reading and writing articles. Read DJ’s blog.