Fillable, printable PDF file with 16 pages of easy-to-follow steps, exercises and advice on how to write a publishable poem. Recommended for advanced writers in grades 7+. Inspired by the characters in Polly Wants to Be a Writer: The Junior Authors Guide to Writing and Getting Published by Laura Michelle Thomas.
- Work easily through the six-step writing process (idea, research, focus, draft, revise, proofread/format)
- Helps turn any idea into a publishable poem
- Exercises and guidance for each step of the writing process
- Exercises on subject, mood, form, imagery, figures of speech, and prosody
- Don’t know what those terms mean? The workbook will help you brush up on your literary terms and definitions.
- Figure out how to revise your poems so that they pass the “unity test,” a major factor in an editor’s decision whether or not to accept your work for publication
- Tips and advice from Ms. Whitford at every step
- Guides for 4 revision rounds
- Professional formatting tips included
- Pre-submission checklist included
- Interactive PDF worksheets with fillable forms
- Electronic document that you download, save, and print
- Reuse as many times as you like
I am extremely impressed by and excited about this workbook. Not only is it simple, easy to follow, and fluent, but I truly believe that by having read it, I am more comfortable with writing poetry. I’ve always had trouble with this style of writing because as you mentioned, it really is the hardest type to create. However, reading this workbook has given me a newfound confidence, similar to the one I first acquired when I read the life-changing novel, Polly Wants to Be A Writer. – Nina
Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with a link. When you click the link the file will automatically download to your computer.
Start writing poetry with more confidence and skill NOW!